Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What the Library Can Do:
- Help faculty identify existing OER materials, including alternatives to textbooks
- Make suggestions on where to search for OER
- Give options for ways that students can access resources
- Advise on use of Creative Commons licenses
What the Library Cannot Do:
- Be completely knowledgeable of your subject area
- Make the final call on the quality of a resource
- Choose your textbook or course material
- Interfere with your academic freedom
For more information and assistance contact your Coastal librarians:
Sally Goodman, Lauren Przywara, or Norrine Burton.
OER at Community Colleges
See how other community colleges are using OER!